Spring is the perfect season to detoxify our body. After winter, the diet includes many animal fats, herbs occurring in the markets helps to eliminate toxins. For example, nettle detoxifies the body and purifies the blood.
Cris Wheels, blogger behind Cook it fit , promoting a healthy lifestyle, fitness instructor in Düsseldorf (Germany), says that detoxification is a process highly suitable for maintaining good health because it helps eliminate waste from the body, meaning to give up even for a period of time (between two weeks and one month) to fast food, pork and other red meat, that is to say to all the food that slows the proper functioning of the body.
During the detoxification period will consume a high intake of liquids, helping to clean the gastrointestinal tract, and food consumed helps stimulate liver function.
“Detoxification should not be seen in any way as a form of dieting or worse, made with products from the pharmacy full of chemicals, especially that nature provides us with many plants which over time have proven capabilities miraculous healing. The first step of detoxification is to drink plenty of water and other healthy liquids. They will oxygenate your blood cells, as long as add caffeine or sugar. You can make juice from fruits and vegetables, consume green tea and other plants detoxifying “says Cris Wheel.
ONIONS AND GARLIC WONDERS IN THE GARDEN
Food is an essential part of maintaining health, some of which have strong antioxidant effects. Thus, fruits and vegetables, which are plentiful on market stalls, are the best example, because they have in their composition so a large amount of water and vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
Nutritionist and diabetologist Ana Raluca Memu of Drobeta said to detoxify the body are important water intake, dietary fiber, vitamins, mineral salts and antioxidants elements that you find in many food categories.
“I start with the onion and garlic seasoning food despite making a number of substances beneficial to detoxify the body. Type legumes peas, beans, lentils contain starch that is readily used by the body bringing energy and a number of other minerals that fortify the body. Third type, beets, carrot, parsley, celery, radishes, celery, tomatoes are a good resource for minerals and fiber and vitamins. Whole grains provide fiber and type cruciferous cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower all bring minerals and vitamins to our bodies.
Fruit of the top lies grapes, if we want to do a course of detoxification, but all fruits are beneficial to detoxify the body. Also, as energy support sesame seeds, pumpkin, sunflower oils have very healthy, useful, and because it is post soy is a good food to support a course of detoxification, “says doctor of Severin.
Here are a top food and good fruit to detoxify the body designed for readers “truth” of the blogger’s Cook it fit :
1 lemon – Lemon should not be missing from any home because it is rich in vitamin C, beneficial both for the skin and for strengthening the immune system. Moreover, citrus fruits generally have an alkaline effect on the body, helping to rebalance the pH and also strengthen the immune system.
Ideally, you should start your day with a slice of lemon in water at room temperature or lukewarm water to clean your system of toxins or salad dressing (vinegar should be replaced with lemon juice).
Whatever the season, every day should drink a glass of lemonade to guard against colds and flu and.
2. Garlic – Garlic not only cleanses the entire body, but do well and the heart. Antiviral, antibacterial and antibiotic containing a chemical called allicin, which promotes the production of white blood cells and helps eliminate toxins.
It is best to eat raw in salads or sauces. Raw or cooked in food, garlic should still be consumed daily, especially during winter, when respiratory infections are so common.
3. Ginger – Ginger is appreciated for the past two millennia for its important health benefits, especially in maintaining digestive functionality. Ginger is used in food but also in traditional medicine. In winter, this particular spice make eating easier and more easily digestible, is refreshing, vasodilator, has tranquilizing effect, regulates the body’s internal balance. It also has antioxidants for a strong immune system.
Underground stem (rhizome) could be used in fresh, powdered, dried or in the form of oil or juice. Put it in the juices of fruits and vegetables or grated over various dishes.
4. SPROUTS – nor should it be missing from the daily menu when you want to detoxify the body. Cabbage is rich in vitamin C than oranges, has less calories and more substances with antioxidant contains magnesium, potassium, calcium – these features and more particularly recommended as a natural remedy against many diseases.
Cabbage contains a chemical called sulforofan, that help the body fight toxins. Also in its composition has glutathione, an antioxidant that helps improve liver detoxification function to remove all evil from the body.
It is recommended to consume 3 or 4 days a week, a salad of raw cabbage that can do wonders in regulating weight, that’s right, especially long-term (cabbage is rich in dietary fiber, has few calories but many vitamins and minerals, helping us to lose weight naturally).
5. Beetroot – red beet is considered a “superfood” by experts because it is rich in vitamins B3, B6, C and beta-carotene, an important source of iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium, so necessary to detoxify and eliminate waste from the body. Fibers contained beet can improve digestion.
For those who need a quick lift in the number of nutrients, beetroot is the best choice. Has more magnesium, iron and vitamin C, reducing cholesterol and strengthening the liver and hair.
Add it to salads, use it in fruit and vegetables to steam or cook for a few minutes (max 5 minutes).
6. Avocado – Avocado is one of the best sources of healthy fats. It contains oleic acid, which helps reduce cholesterol levels and promotes the absorption of nutrients from food subtanţelor, which means that any food consumed with this fruit becomes healthier. Avocado is very good for the skin, which keeps it young and hydrated all through the healthy fat content.
So avocado is a true superstar on nutrition because it has a protective role against cardiovascular disease, helps control weight and improves the body’s ability to absorb important nutrients from food optimally.
It might like to eat alone, with no other food during the detoxification period.
7. Broccoli – Broccoli is not only rich in vitamin C, beta-carotene but also contains a small amount but useful zinc, selenium and other minerals that help the immune defensive stocks. Broccoli also contains phytonutrients sulforane which have important anti-cancer effects.
Researchers suggest that this vegetable has a compound called indole-3-carbinol that helps deactivate a potent estrogen metabolite that slows growth of tumors, especially those from the breasts, while lowering the 2–hydroxyestrone, a form of estrogen role in the protection against cancer. It turned out that indole-3-carbinol not only suppresses cancer cell growth, but destroys those at metastasis.
So far we have learned that broccoli is beneficial in detoxifying the body, but because this vegetable helps to detoxify and improve liver function capacity, embellishing the appearance of skin. A study at Johns Hopkins University indicates that sulforaphane can help repair damaged skin from the sun.
Specialists recommend to eat by cooking in steam for a few minutes (2-3 minutes).
Not recommended cooking over a long period destroys enzymes that help the body fight against free radicals.
So include in your diet broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables if you want to benefit from the many nutrients essential in maintaining optimum health. Eat cruciferous vegetables at least 2 times a week. On average, the portions should be about one cup.
8. GRAPEFRUIT – belongs to the citrus family and is rich in nutrients. This fruit is rich in vitamin C, A, B5, folic acid, calcium and fiber. In addition, it contains large amounts of antioxidants and phytochemicals. Grapefruit flesh pink or red color due to the presence of carotenoids, referred lycopene (found in red), which has a strong antioxidant activity. This fruit juice and is considered by specialists as heart healthy food.
Eating grapefruit is recommended 30 minutes before a meal. Eat fruit on an empty stomach in general, to avoid bloating, hyperacidity and slow digestion. Fruit digestion takes place directly into the small intestine where absorption of nutrients occurs.
9. APPLE containing fibers, vitamins, minerals, and many phytochemicals, all beneficial in the process of detoxification. Apples are a source of soluble fiber called pectin, which helps to detoxify the body by removing metals and food additives.
Eat fruit on an empty stomach in general, to avoid bloating, hyperacidity and slow digestion. Fruit digestion takes place directly into the small intestine where absorption of nutrients occurs.
10. URZICA – Nettle body detoxifies and cleanses the blood, cleansed from the root, continuing with Tupin and ending with flowers and leaves. It enjoys much appreciation since ancient times.
Thoroughly wash the nettles, allowed to drain, then dry them through the meat grinder, then filter the juice refrigerated in small bottles, dark, well sealed.
The juice of nettles can be prepared from freshly picked nettles in early spring.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
More from Fitness
Need some help keeping the New Year fitness regime going? Take some inspiration from 98-year-old John Hamilton - who goes to the gym …
Nothing like putting down an icy cold beer. Except, of course, achieving a higher state of being and eventual transcendence …